Vote For Mark Powell To:
- Demand Fiscal Accountability - Stop Wasting Money
Restoring trust by demanding Fiscal Accountability and ending irresponsible budget decisions.
- Implement Term-Limits for Board Members - End Career Politicians
No board member should be able to remain in office for 20 years. I will establish Term-Limits for board members.
- Prepare Our Students for the Workforce - Increase Vocational Education
Mark will Make Our Students Competitive again by implementing a County-Wide Educational curriculum that embraces Vocational.
- Promote School Safety - Keep Our Students Safe
Our school campuses are not safe or secure. Mark’s experience serving as a San Diego Police Officer Reserve allows him work effectively with Law Enforcement to Keep Our Students Safe.
PROVEN EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP:
• 26 years experience: Classroom Teacher, Vice-Principal, Dean-of-Students
• 16 years University Professor in Teacher Education
• PTA Honorary Service Award Recipient
DEDICATED COMMUNITY SERVICE:
• President, La Jolla Sunrise Rotary - improving communities through Service-Above-Self
• San Diego Reserve Police Officer - keeping schools safe & free from bullying
• School Governance Team Member – overseeing academics
SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS EXPERIENCE:
• 19 years managing large budgets
• Skilled negotiator – negotiated hundreds of contracts
• Inventor – issued two United States Patents
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Master of Science, Educational Counseling - Credentialed School Counselor
• Master of Arts, Educational Administration - Credentialed Educational Administrator
• Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice - Credentialed Teacher & GATE Certification
Mark is married and has two daughters attending San Diego Unified School District. Click the picture below to find out more about Mark and his family.